I’m not sure how I found myself at Kauri Cliffs having just visited Cape Kidnappers two weekends ago but it happened. This weekend we’re here for their Dom Perignon dinner with a wonderful group.
As you may have read from my post about 10 days ago I can’t speak highly enough of Julian Roberston and the lodges he has created at Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs.
We arrived for just 24 hours; Saturday lunch time to Sunday lunch time. This is how you make the most of a quick getaway and re-energise for the upcoming week.
- Arrive at 1 pm
- Enjoy a tasty salad for lunch (so you are hungry for dinner)
- We forfeited the golf as the balls were being blown off the greens in 40 km winds and settled in the library by the fire with our nana rugs and Pinot.
- We rallied at 4pm and soaked in the hot tub before a 5 pm massage
- A quick turnaround and into our number 1’s for pre dinner drinks at 630 pm
- Our dinner was commentated by the maitre d explaining each course and the sommelier talking us though the matching champagnes
- Big sleep
- Delicious breakfast
- 18 holes of golf in divine weather
- Speed lunch
- Off to Kerikeri airport for our 35 minute flight home
Regenerated, I’m back in Auckland to start another week.
How to get there
The drive from Auckland is about 3.5 hours or alternatively Air New Zealand fly to Kerikeri, with a 30 minute drive to the lodge. Cars can be hired from Kerikeri airport or arrangements can be made with the lodge for a pick-
For more information on Kauri Cliffs and their winter packages www.kauricliffs.com