I’ve recently had a delightful weekend in Melbourne with our daughter Kate, at one of her wedding dress fittings!
Apart from admiring the skilful work of her couturier, one of the best things about Melbourne is the food. We managed to notch up a couple of great meals; one at an old favourite Mr Miyagi and the other at a new destinations Hanoi Hannah.
If you’re heading to Melbourne for the tennis this summer or just for fun try some of my favourites…
- Mr Miyagi– modern Japanese food with a great a ‘feed me’ menu if you can’t decide what to eat
- 99 Chapel St, Windsor
- Hawker Hall – amazing food inspired from Singaporean and Malaysian cuisine
- 98 Chapel St, Windsor
- Chin Chin – this restaurant is a sensory overload on so many levels and again if you just want to be fed, choose the ‘feed me’ menu
- 125 Flinders Lane
- Hanoi Hannah –all deliciously fresh Vietnamese food.The good news is there are a few Hanoi Hanna’s in Melbourne
- Ground Level/79 Swan St, Richmond
- Caffe e Cucina – this restaurant offers the ultimate Italian experience with a daily changing lunch risotto. Enjoy it with a glass, seated on sidewalk and watch the world go by
- 581 Chapel Street, South Yarra
Many restaurants in Melbourne don’t take bookings including these 4, so either get there early or chill and have a couple of drinks while you wait for your table.
Take a look at these previous blogs on my foodie favs in Melbourne